Opal Winston Hills, Winston Hills, NSW
Opal Aged Care is excited to announce the opening of Opal Winston Hills, a brand new 95-bed residential aged care home.
Conveniently located close to three hospitals – Westmead, Blacktown and Norwest Private – the home offers the Winston Hills community access to the very best residential aged care services including permanent, respite and dementia care.
The memory support wing and memory garden are accessible for residents to safely enjoy with family and friends. The beautifully designed home features generous accommodation options including premium single and companion rooms, a Wellness Centre in partnership with Concentric Rehabilitation, luxurious indoor and outdoor communal areas, lifestyle programs, and an on-site hairdressing salon.
Residents and families can enjoy easy access to Parramatta CBD while also being minutes from Baulkham Hills Shopping Centre with easy public transport links.
Our approach to care means we take the time to get to know you and understand your individual needs and preferences. Our clinical team provides exceptional care, working with medical and allied health professionals to ensure all your health needs are met to a consistently high standard. With a registered nurse on every shift, supported by diverse teams of carers, we aim to deliver the best care outcomes for every individual.
- Primary and allied health – access to a range of services including physiotherapy, pharmacy, podiatry, optometry and dental.
- The memory support wing and memory garden are accessible for residents to safely enjoy with family and friends.
At Opal our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for. Our homes are vibrant and full of life because we ensure that our residents lead a purposeful life by in engaging in activities that bring joy to both heart and mind. Do you have an interest in art, crafts, music, gardening or games? Whatever your interest, we will work to ensure that you have the opportunity to pursue your passions.
- Lifestyle team – our dedicated team ensures activity programs engage everyone within the home and provide connection to the local community.
- Interactive technology – broaden your horizons using special virtual reality goggles to experience places you’ve never dreamed of or use electronic tablets for communication and entertainment.
- Community engagement – our home is an important part of the local community and we ensure that we engage with people of all ages and walks of life to maintain important connections.
Much more than just fuel for our bodies, food is essential to wellbeing and happiness. At Opal, we are committed to excellence in food service. Made fresh daily by our qualified chefs, our meals use the finest quality ingredients using sustainably sourced wild-caught fish, meat, poultry and vegetables sourced from Australian farms.
Our meals are nutritionally balanced, as well as looking appetising and tasting delicious. Dining is a social experience with meals served in an environment that promotes interaction and a sense of community.
- Qualified chefs – Always striving for excellence in food service, our home’s food service team is headed by a qualified chef and regular masterclasses ensure consistent high quality.
- Varied menu – We know that variety is the spice of life, so we regularly add to our menu incorporating fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Catering for special needs – We offer nutritious and appetising finger food suitable for those living with dementia who would prefer not sit down for a meal. Individual requirements for texture-modified food and special dietary needs are also catered for.
At Opal, our homes are designed to offer high-quality clinical care while supporting a great lifestyle. A range of rooms is available including single and companion rooms. Shared spaces include comfortable lounge and dining areas and inviting outdoor spaces.
While we recognise the importance of the physical environment in an aged care setting, we know what really makes the difference is the people who live and work there - they give it a beating heart and truly make it a place to call home.
- Comfortable rooms – with high-quality furnishings and well-appointed amenities, we’re sure you’ll feel right at home.
- Décor – tasteful and elegantly designed interiors.
- Lounges – comfortable and inviting areas to socialise with friends and intimate spaces for quiet relaxation.
- Dining room – designed to ensure dining is a social experience, our dining rooms are a great place to catch up with friends and family.
- Gardens & terraces – beautifully landscaped outdoor spaces to enjoy.
The My Aged Care website has a useful tool that may help you to estimate your fees. You can find it here: https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/fee-estimator/residential-care/form. The fee estimator is only a guide. Actual fees and payments will depend on confirmation of your personal circumstances.
|Room||Room Type||Max Occ||Size||RAD||DAP||50% RAD||50% DAP|
|Single Room||Single||1||21-22 m2||$550000||$89.81||$275000||$44.91|
|Single Room – Level 1||Single||1||21-22 m2||$625000||$102.06||$312500||$51.03|
|Single Room – Level 2||Single||1||21-22 m2||$700000||$114.31||$350000||$57.16|
|Large Single/Companion||Single||1||29 m2||$800000||$130.64||$400000||$65.32|
|Large Single/Companion||Companion||2||29 m2||$400000||$65.32||$200000||$32.66|
|Superior Suites||Single||1||29 m2||$900000||$146.96||$450000||$73.48|