Opal Somerville, Somerville, VIC
Opal Somerville offers the Mornington community the very best aged care services including permanent and respite care. Located just minutes from the stunning Peninsula beaches, our beautifully designed care home has plenty of space to relax or socialise.
Enjoy a stroll through the fragrant garden, take in a movie at our theatrette or sip on a happy hour cocktail at the bar. Access to a bus is available for residents to enjoy outings and participation in community activities.
Opal Somerville is conveniently close to local shops, public transport, and the seaside villages, making it easy for our residents and their families to continue to enjoy strong connections to the community.
We offer a memory support program seven evenings a week and therapies including aromatherapy, music, sensory, hand massage and pet therapy.
There are rooms with easy access and garden views, an outdoor BBQ courtyard, and dining settings.
Our approach to care means we take the time to get to know you and understand your individual needs and preferences. Our clinical team provides exceptional care, working with medical and allied health professionals to ensure all your health needs are met to a consistently high standard. However, our care philosophy extends beyond purely clinical. With care at the heart of everything we do, our focus is on you as a person, ensuring that your life is rich, purposeful and dignified.
- Primary and allied health – access to a range of services including physiotherapy, pharmacy, podiatry, optometry and dental.
- Memory support program seven days a week.
- Therapies include aromatherapy, music, sensory, hand massage and pet therapy.
At Opal, our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for. Our homes are vibrant and full of life because we ensure that our residents lead a purposeful life by engaging in activities that bring joy to both heart and mind. Do you have an interest in art, crafts, music, gardening or games? Whatever your interest, we will work to ensure that you have the opportunity to pursue your passions.
- Dedicated Lifestyle team – ensuring activity programs engage everyone within the home and provide a connection to the local community.
- Interactive technology – broaden your horizons using special virtual reality goggles to experience places you’ve never dreamed of or use electronic tablets for communication and entertainment.
- Daily activities - We have a theatrette and daily movie programs and an entertainment lounge with a grand piano.
- Community engagement – our home is an important part of the local community so we ensure that we engage with people of all ages and walks of life, to maintain important connections
Much more than just fuel for our bodies, food is essential to wellbeing and happiness. At Opal, we are committed to excellence in foodservice. Made fresh daily by our qualified chefs, our meals use the finest quality ingredients using sustainably sourced wild-caught fish, meat, poultry and vegetables sourced from Australian farms.
Our meals are nutritionally balanced, as well as looking appetising and tasting delicious. Dining is a social experience with meals served in an environment that promotes interaction and a sense of community.
- Qualified chefs – Always striving for excellence in foodservice, our home’s food service team is headed by a qualified chef and regular masterclasses ensure consistent high quality.
- Varied menu – We know that variety is the spice of life, so we regularly add to our menu incorporating fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Catering for special needs – We offer nutritious and appetising finger food suitable for people living with dementia who would prefer not to sit down for a meal. Individual requirements for texture-modified food and special dietary needs are also catered for.
At Opal, our homes are designed to offer high-quality clinical care while supporting a great lifestyle. A range of room choices is available from bronze to gold level rooms. Shared spaces include comfortable lounge and dining areas and an outdoor BBQ courtyard and dining settings.
While we recognise the importance of the physical environment in an aged care setting, we know what really makes the difference is the people that live and work there - they give it a beating heart and truly make it a place to call home.
- Comfortable rooms – with high-quality furnishings and well-appointed amenities, we’re sure you’ll feel right at home.
- Décor – tasteful and elegantly designed interiors.
- Lounges – comfortable and inviting areas to socialise with friends and intimate spaces for quiet relaxation.
- Dining room – designed to ensure dining is a social experience, our dining rooms are a great place to catch up with friends and family.
- Gardens & terraces – beautifully landscaped outdoor spaces to enjoy.
Residents can choose to pay for their accommodation by a refundable deposit, a daily payment or a combination of both. A maximum refundable accommodation deposit (RAD) is paid as a lump sum amount. A maximum daily accommodation payment (DAP) accrues daily and is paid periodically, for example monthly. A combination payment includes both a partial lump sum and daily payments.
The My Aged Care website has a useful tool that may help you to estimate your fees. You can find it here: https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/fee-estimator/residential-care/form. The fee estimator is only a guide. Actual fees and payments will depend on confirmation of your personal circumstances.
|Room||Room Type||Max Occ||Size||RAD||DAP||50% RAD||50% DAP|
|Silver Extra||Single||1||18-20.5 m2||$425000||$57.99||$212500||$29|
|Silver Plus Extra Services||Single||1||24-31.2 m2||$475000||$64.81||$237500||$32.41|
|Gold Extra Services||Single||1||18m m2||$625000||$85.28||$312500||$42.64|
Visit Opal Somerville
Call now to book a tour and meet our General Manager, who can answer any questions you may have