Opal Kawana Waters, Birtinya, QLD
Setting a new standard in aged care, Opal Kawana Waters is a beautiful new home located in the heart of the Sunshine Coast. The lakeside setting and landscaped gardens provide a multitude of peaceful spaces to share with family and friends.
Situated in the Oceanside Health Hub, residents and families have the peace of mind of knowing that essential medical services are always at hand. Our wheelchair accessible car provides residents with greater independence, allowing them to more easily particpate in family and social activities in the wider community.
Our approach to care means we take the time to get to know you and understand your individual needs and preferences. Our clinical team provides exceptional care, working with medical and allied health professionals to ensure all your health needs are met to a consistently high standard. With a registered nurse on every shift, supported by diverse teams of carers, we aim to deliver the best care outcomes for every individual.
- Primary and allied health – access to a range of services including physiotherapy, pharmacy, podiatry, optometry and dental.
- Memory support – care specific to the needs of those living with Dementia.
- Specialist Lifestyle team – our dedicated team ensures activity programs engage everyone within the home and provide connection to the local community.
- Interactive technology – broaden your horizons using special virtual reality goggles to experience places you’ve never dreamed of or use electronic tablets for communication and entertainment.
- Community engagement – our home is an important part of the local community so we ensure that we engage with people of all ages and walks of life, to maintain important connections.
Our meals are nutritionally balanced, as well as looking appetising and tasting delicious. Dining is a social experience with meals served in an environment that promotes interaction and a sense of community.
- Qualified chefs – Always striving for excellence in food service, our home’s food service team is headed by a qualified chef and regular masterclasses ensure consistent high quality.
- Varied menu – We know that variety is the spice of life, so we regularly add to our menu incorporating fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Catering for special needs – We offer nutritious and appetising finger food suitable for those living with Dementia who would prefer not sit down for a meal. Individual requirements for texture-modified food and special dietary needs are also catered for.
While we recognise the importance of the physical environment in an aged care setting, we know what really makes the difference is the people that live and work there - they give it a beating heart and truly make it a place to call home.
- Comfortable rooms – with high quality furnishings and well appointed amenities, we’re sure you’ll feel right at home.
- Décor – tasteful and elegantly designed interiors.
- Lounges – comfortable and inviting areas to socialise with friends and intimate spaces for quiet relaxation.
- Dining room – designed to ensure dining is a social experience, our dining rooms are a great place to catch up with friends and family.
- Gardens & terraces – beautifully landscaped outdoor spaces to enjoy.
A range of rooms are available in the new home:
- Standard companion standard is a light-filled, clean, fresh, furnished room for two occupants, with ensuite
- Superior single room is light-filled, clean, fresh and furnished room with shared ensuite. Superior room includes the same with the addition of a balcony
- Premium suite provides the option for two occupants and includes a furnished bedroom, with large ensuite, separate living room with kitchenette, and balcony.
- Room pricing is determined by the type of room (size and features) as well as the location of the room across one of four floors.
Residents can choose to pay for their accommodation by a refundable deposit, a daily payment or a combination of both. A maximum refundable accommodation deposit (RAD) is paid as a lump sum amount. A maximum daily accommodation payment (DAP) accrues daily and is paid periodically, for example monthly. A combination payment includes both a partial lump sum and daily payments.
The My Aged Care website has a useful tool that may help you to estimate your fees. You can find it here: https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/fee-estimator/residential-care/form. The fee estimator is only a guide. Actual fees and payments will depend on confirmation of your personal circumstances.
|Room||Room Type||Max Occ||Size||RAD||DAP||50% RAD||50% DAP|
|Standard Bellthorpe||Companion||2||31 m2||$300000||$48.99||$150000||$24.5|
|Standard Maleny||Companion||2||31 m2||$325000||$53.07||$162500||$26.54|
|Superior Bellthorpe||Single||1||22 m2||$375000||$61.24||$187500||$30.62|
|Superior Fraser/Maleny||Single||1||22 m2||$400000||$65.32||$200000||$32.66|
|Superior Bellthorpe/Maleny (balcony)||Single||1||31 m2||$425000||$69.4||$212500||$34.7|
|Superior Bribie||Single||1||22 m2||$500000||$81.65||$250000||$40.83|
|Superior Bribie (balcony)||Single||1||31 m2||$550000||$89.81||$275000||$44.91|
|Superior Glasshouse||Single||1||22 m2||$500000||$81.65||$250000||$40.83|
|Superior Glasshouse (balcony)||Single||1||31 m2||$550000||$89.81||$275000||$44.91|
|Premium Suite Glasshouse (balcony)||Single||2||65 m2||$450000||$73.48||$225000||$36.74|
|Premium Suite Glasshouse (balcony)||Suite with kitchenette and living room||2||65 m2||$900000||$146.96||$450000||$73.48|
Visit Opal Kawana Waters
Call now to book a tour and meet our General Manager, who can answer any questions you may have