Opal Blacktown, Blacktown, NSW
Specialist aged care for the Blacktown community. Opal Aged Care is excited to announce the opening of Opal Blacktown; a new 149-bed residential aged care home in the west of Sydney.
Conveniently located close to Blacktown Hospital, the home offers the Western Sydney community access to the very best specialist aged care services including permanent, respite and dementia-specific care.
The specialist memory support wing and memory garden is accessible for residents to safely enjoy with families and friends.
The beautifully designed home features generous accommodation options including premium rooms with ensuites and luxurious living spaces, dining rooms, an on-site self-service cafe, hairdresser, gardens, and courtyards.
Residents and their families can enjoy Westpoint Shopping Centre, ample public transport and visits to Blacktown CBD, all within minutes from the home.
- Primary and allied health – access to a range of services including physiotherapy, pharmacy, podiatry, optometry and dental.
- Memory support – care specific to the needs of those living with Dementia.
- Electronic companion animals – interactive electronic pets designed to support the well-being of those living with Dementia.
- Specialist Lifestyle team – our dedicated team ensures activity programs engage everyone within the home and provide connection to the local community.
- Interactive technology – broaden your horizons using special virtual reality goggles to experience places you’ve never dreamed of or use electronic tablets for communication and entertainment.
- Community engagement – our home is an important part of the local community so we ensure that we engage with people of all ages and walks of life, to maintain important connections.
Our meals are nutritionally balanced, as well as looking appetising and tasting delicious. Dining is a social experience with meals served in an environment that promotes interaction and a sense of community.
- Qualified chefs – Always striving for excellent in food service, our home’s food service team is headed by a qualified chef and regular masterclasses ensure consistent high quality.
- Varied menu – We know that variety is the spice of life, so we regularly add to our menu incorporating fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Catering for special needs – We offer nutritious and appetising finger food suitable for those living with Dementia who would prefer not sit down for a meal. Individual requirements for texture-modified food and special dietary needs are also catered for.
While we recognise the importance of the physical environment in an aged care setting, we know what really makes the difference is the people that live and work there - they give it a beating heart and truly make it a place to call home.
- Comfortable rooms – with high quality furnishings and well appointed amenities, we’re sure you’ll feel right at home.
- Décor – tasteful and elegantly designed interiors.
- Lounges – comfortable and inviting areas to socialise with friends and intimate spaces for quiet relaxation.
- Dining room – designed to ensure dining is a social experience, our dining rooms are a great place to catch up with friends and family.
- Gardens & terraces – beautifully landscaped outdoor spaces to enjoy.
Rooms Available A range of rooms are available in our new home:
|Room||Room Type||Max Occ||Size||RAD||DAP||50% RAD||50% DAP|
|Superior (Strathfield)||Single||1||21 m2||$500000||$81.65||$250000||$40.83|
|Premium (Strathfield)||Single||1||21 m2||$550000||$89.81||$275000||$44.91|
|Superior (Parramatta)||Single||1||21 m2||$550000||$89.81||$275000||$44.91|
|Premium (Parramatta)||Single||1||21 m2||$650000||$106.14||$325000||$53.07|
Visit Opal Blacktown
Call now to book a tour and meet our General Manager, who can answer any questions you may have