Opal Toukley - Opening July 2020, Toukley, NSW
Construction has begun on our brand new care home on the Central Coast. Opal Toukley will provide high quality, affordable care offering residents a choice of single rooms with ensuites or companion rooms. Our team will help you maintain the highest possible quality of life. This includes social and recreational programs and nutritious home-style meals freshly cooked in-house.
The new care home has been designed with spacious outdoor areas, including shaded balconies and gardens, an alfresco dining area with an outdoor kitchen and BBQ, and underground parking for visitors. Inside there will be a central social hub with a cafe, buffet dining areas and a music room with a grand piano. A dedicated Opal bus will be available to residents to enjoy outings and participating in community activities.
Opal Toukley is expected to be completed in July 2020. Photos shown below are from our Opal Bathurst care home which opened in March 2019.
Our approach to care means we take the time to get to know you and understand your individual needs and preferences. Our clinical team provides exceptional care, working with medical and allied health professionals to ensure all your health needs are met to a consistently high standard. With a registered nurse on every shift, supported by diverse teams of carers, we aim to deliver the best care outcomes for every individual.
- Primary and allied health – access to a range of services including physiotherapy, pharmacy, podiatry, optometry and dental.
- Memory support – care specific to the needs of people living with dementia.
At Opal our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for. Our homes are vibrant and full of life because we ensure that our residents lead a purposeful life by in engaging in activities that bring joy to both heart and mind. Do you have an interest in art, crafts, music, gardening or games? Whatever your interest, we will work to ensure that you have the opportunity to pursue your passions.
- Specialist Lifestyle team – our dedicated team ensures activity programs engage everyone within the home and provide connection to the local community.
- Interactive technology – broaden your horizons using special virtual reality goggles to experience places you’ve never dreamed of or use electronic tablets for communication and entertainment.
- Community engagement – our home is an important part of the local community so we ensure that we engage with people of all ages and walks of life, to maintain important connections.
Much more than just fuel for our bodies, food is essential to wellbeing and happiness. At Opal we are committed to excellence in food service. Made fresh daily by our qualified chefs, our meals use the finest quality ingredients using sustainably sourced wild-caught fish, meat, poultry and vegetables sourced from Australian farms.
Our meals are nutritionally balanced, as well as looking appetising and tasting delicious. Dining is a social experience with meals served in an environment that promotes interaction and a sense of community.
- Qualified chefs – Always striving for excellence in food service, our home’s food service team is headed by a qualified chef and regular masterclasses ensure consistent high quality.
- Varied menu – We know that variety is the spice of life, so we regularly add to our menu incorporating fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Catering for special needs – We offer nutritious and appetising finger food suitable for people living with dementia who would prefer not to sit down for a meal. Individual requirements for texture-modified food and special dietary needs are also catered for.
At Opal our homes are designed to offer high quality clinical care while supporting a great lifestyle. A range of room choices are available including single and companion rooms. Shared spaces include comfortable lounge and dining areas and inviting outdoor spaces.
While we recognise the importance of the physical environment in an aged care setting, we know what really makes the difference is the people that live and work there - they give it a beating heart and truly make it a place to call home.
- Comfortable rooms – with high quality furnishings and well appointed amenities, we’re sure you’ll feel right at home.
- Décor – tasteful and elegantly designed interiors.
- Lounges – comfortable and inviting areas to socialise with friends and intimate spaces for quiet relaxation.
- Dining room – designed to ensure dining is a social experience, our dining rooms are a great place to catch up with friends and family.
- Gardens & terraces – beautifully landscaped outdoor spaces to enjoy.
Visit Opal Toukley - Opening July 2020
Call now to book a tour and meet our General Manager, who can answer any questions you may have