At Opal Aged Care we understand that everyone caring for someone needs a break at times.
Being carers ourselves, we understand what you and your family are going through. We know
the dedication and commitment involved with full time care. We also understand that every now and then, it’s necessary to take time out.
Our dedicated and experienced staff are always focused on the care and needs of our residents. Our respite program ensures you have the opportunity to have a break, confident in the knowledge your loved one will receive the support they deserve in an engaging and loving environment.
The following services are offered:
- A Registered Nurse – led model of care, with nurses on-site at all times.
- All staff trained in delivering specialist dementia care, with training provided by Alzheimer’s Australia.
- The Opal Menu – home-style, nutritious comfort food cooked fresh on-site.
- Access to services including physiotherapy, pharmacy, podiatry, optometry, dental and hairdressing.
- Optional outings, Christmas parties and New Year celebrations.
- A range of indoor and outdoor areas for relaxing and socialising.
- Lifestyle activities such as cards, craft, art, cinema days, quizzes, bingo, gardening, Men’s Shed, BBQs, concerts, theme days.
If you would like to find out more about respite care near you please call us on 1300 362 481, alternatively click here to view the homes in your area.
Five key steps to follow when looking for respite care:
- Assess – make sure the person requiring care has had an ACAT assessment.
- Find – search for a residential aged care home nearby.
- Costs – make sure you understand the types of care and the costs.
- Apply – we will work with you to make your application and moving in as smooth as possible.
- Settling in – change is always a little unsettling; we aim to make it as easy as possible.
We are here to answer any questions you have, so get in touch with one of our friendly staff members today 1300 362 481.