All aged care homes in Australia are strictly regulated by the government to ensure a high standard of care across the sector but you will find that the level of care and accommodation differs depending on your needs. To assist you when looking for residential aged care, we have developed a booklet to help navigate through the process from your enquiry to placement and ensure you have what you need along the way.
Follow our five key steps to ensure that you have the correct information and documentation for application into residential aged care.
Five easy steps to follow when looking for residential aged care:
- Assess – make sure the person requiring care has had an ACAT assessment.
- Find – search for a residential aged care facility suitably located. Click here or use the search tool on the right of the page.
- Costs – make sure you understand the types of care and the costs associated with residential aged care.
- Apply – ensure you have all the relevant and required paperwork to apply for residential aged care.
- Move – click here for a helpful moving checklist more or for more detailed information contact us to discuss your needs
If you need a hand understanding any of the ‘five easy steps’ then do not hesitate to give one of our Opal team members a call today on 1300 362 481.